Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Watching “Blossom”

Photo Credit: TV Guide

I started watching Blossom on Hulu yesterday. I loved this show when I was a kid, and felt like watching something nostalgic while I worked. 

This first episode hit a bit close to home for me. In this episode, Blossom gets her first period but doesn’t know who to ask advice from because her mother is pursuing a music career in Europe. When I had mine for the first time, my mom was physically there but not mentally. She was in her bed with the room as dark as possible sleeping in a deep depression. My dad had to help me. When my sister got hers for the first time, my mom didn’t live with us. My sister called her, and she asked me to help instead of coming over. Throughout our teenage years, we had to ask our dad for supplies which got easier as we got older but was never completely comfortable. 

I haven’t gotten to any others that bring up any emotions. I am actually enjoying the simplicity of the show. It brings back fun memories and makes me laugh. I will get though the whole series quickly, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. 

No comments: