Saturday, August 12, 2023

My Morning


 I’m going to start off by pointing out that we have one working car for our family. Since Chad has a work truck for only work purposes, we have been able to get by with only a few inconveniences for most of our marriage. The exception is times like this. 

Have we tried to get another car? Yes. Chad’s moms got him a 2005 Civic in 2018 that we had for almost two years before it died. Then, we bought a Yukon in 2021, but it has not ran right for more than a week at a time and the mechanics at the dealership can’t figure out what is wrong. We have horrible luck with cars. 

That brings me to today. I was on my way to a 5K this morning, and the tie rod broke as I was leaving the neighborhood. The rest of the day has been filled with finding a tow truck, calling a mechanic, and setting up a rental car. It has been a nightmare of a morning. I just hope the repair isn’t too pricey.

I think Chad and I will be doing Door Dash again so we can get another car.

No comments: