Sunday, September 18, 2022

Feeling the Pull

I have been feeling the pull of my ancestors wanting me to find them. I have always thought that between my dad and my mom's siblings, there wasn't much for me to do. I have been on Family Search and Ancestry. I even have the apps on my phone. The thing is, I have not taken full advantage of these tools. 

A while ago, I found some names of ancestor names for Eric and Noel to take to the temple for baptisms. I was surprised that there were names available. I have not done anything to get ready for temple work again, but I know I need to.

Why do I all of a sudden think that I need to do more in this area? There have been conference talks about it. I know this happens all of the time. I have been listening to old conferences, and the talks about temple work have stuck out to me. Also, I have had friends talk about how rewarding it has been to bring names to the temple of family members. I just don't think it is a coincidence that the talks are coming up and my friends (who are not listening to the same talks) are talking about it at the same time.

I need to get back to the temple. When I do so I need to bring the name of one of my ancestors. It is hard to find time when my schedule and Chad's schedule are open at the same time. I need to stop waiting for this to happen and just go alone on a weekend sometime. 

No comments: