Saturday, September 17, 2022

I Held a Baby

I am in that stage of life where I know I will not be having any more babies, and my children are not at the stage of life where they are having babies. That means that I don't get to hold babies much anymore. I have a friend who is a grandma though, and sometimes she babysits. Today was one of those days. 

My friend and I had our planned lunch together today. Her daughter asked her to watch her kids sometime after we made our plans. Rather than rescheduling (which I would have totally done if she had asked), she had someone else watch the toddler and brought the baby along. This gave me a chance to be with this sweet three month old, too. She tried to hold him as we ate (he wanted to be held), but he made it difficult. When I was done eating, I happily held him. When he got fussy, I stood up and rocked him a bit until he fell asleep. Then, I sat down and just let him snuggle up and sleep for a while. It felt so good to hold a baby again! 

No comments: