Tuesday, September 6, 2022

I am Me


I know there are people who read my blog that think I should be ashamed of who I am. They made a comment saying so a few days ago which I deleted. They hide behind an assumed name thinking that their nastiness will make me feel worse about myself. They are failing. 

I am not ashamed of myself. I have worked very hard to be the person I am, and I will continue to work on being the person I want to become. As Matthew McConaughey said in his 2014 Oscar speech, "'Who's your hero?'...'It's me in ten years'...I'm never going to be my hero...I know I'm not, and that's just fine with me because that keeps me with someone to keep on chasing." I am not a perfect person, and I have never claimed to be. I am a person who is continually working on myself. 

I have goals. There were times when I lost sight of them, and I let myself down. I hope to not let that happen again. My goals are ever evolving. I have goals for my health, goals that help me worship God and Jesus Christ as I see fit, goals for my education, and goals to better manage my household. All of these goals are helping me become that person I am chasing. Me in ten years. 

Am I ashamed of myself? No. Am I ashamed of the three-year-old worn out sandals I posted a picture of for all to see? No. I am me. I will not hide who I am. 

No comments: