Saturday, September 3, 2022

Trying It

Just like with other trends, I am jumping on the bullet journal trend as people seem to be walking away from it. This time, it took seeing how it was working for a friend for me to think that it was possible that tis would be a fun way to track my goals. 

I have been using a day planner, and that works for the day to day to-do lists.  I really don't see me walking away from this. I have been doing to-do lists since the boys were little. I just don't do them as detailed as I did back then. If I ever feel the need to be that detailed (ex. getting ready for a trip), I just write it on a piece of paper. For the day planner, I use boxes that I color in for my daily tasks and add circles to fill in for places I need to go or texts I need to send just that one day. 

Over the past few weeks, I have been color coding my tasks which makes it a bit more fun. Since I started doing this, I have been getting more and more into the idea of making my goals more visually appealing. I ordered stickers after the first week to draw attention to the main goals that I put at the top of the page (weight goal and year-to-date mileage goal). I, also, made some bullet journal like papers that I put on my walls around my desk where I work. Eventually, I decided to order a bullet journal from Amazon. 

After being sent two wrong shipments, I went to Walmart to buy the journal and other supplies. I have realized during the process of trying to get a bullet/dotted journal that it is not as easy as it used to be. A few years ago, I struggled to find a lined journal at the stores in Brighton. Now, it has gotten harder to find anything else.

The journal that I found that I really like has lined pages, dotted pages, graph pages, and blank pages. I really think I am going to like this. I can use the lined pages to write the things that I was going to write in my blog but can't because of my cyber-stalkers. I can use the dotted pages for the things I was going to put in a bullet journal. I can use the blank pages for similar things that I don't need to follow straight lines or are more sticker heavy. I haven't decided what I will use the graph pages for yet, but I am sure I will find something. 

I know this is a small thing, but it is something I am excited about. As I merge into the next phase in life, I think I need something like this to help me keep my head right. 

No comments: