Monday, September 12, 2022

Thoughts on the Queen


Over the past few days, since the death of Queen Elizabeth, every newscast is covering this event in great detail. (That's right I watch the news. I even watch it from both biases.) I found it quite sad that it even overshadowed the usual 9/11 stories. I am, however, enjoying the quotes they have sprinkled periodically through the broadcast. One of my favorites was when she was ask why she wore such bold colors, she responded because if she were wearing beige no one would find her. As fun as this example is, it is not typical of most of the quotes I have been hearing. 

As I would expect from a woman of her age, most of the quotes have wisdom behind them. For example, "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." There is a lot that can be learned from her life and her reign. I hope to some day learn more about her than just her quote. 

No comments: