Thursday, September 15, 2022

There are Days

There are days when the stress of life gets to me. (I know it gets to everyone sometimes.) Today is one of those days. There is work stress, school stress (both Noel and Me), parenting stress, and household stress. 

I like my job most of the time. There have been some shifts in power over the past couple of months, and the new higher ups want to make there mark by reinventing the wheel a bit. This has caused problems. For example, we were told not to worry about jobs that were not in the system and to trust the times that were entered in July. This turned out to be wrong and was discovered at the end of August. Now, we get to spend our time creating the jobs that need to be billed and correcting times in jobs before we can bill the customer for work that we have already paid the agent for. I have been working my butt off trying to keep the stuff that was caught up from falling behind while trying to catch up the back log of work caused by this. It sucks! 

School is hard. Both Noel and I attend online schools. I just started, and she has been doing it for about a month. It is hard to get her to do the work. I respect teachers a lot more now that I have been trying to do this. I only have to keep track of one child, and they have to keep track of many more. My classes started off intense right away. I have a lot of research and reading to get done by tomorrow. I have been working on it every night, and I am worried that I won't get it done. It is making me worried about the future of these classes as well as the last five semesters since they will all consist of upper division classes. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am almost done, and I have worked too hard to quit now

Parenting is always hard. I will not go into detail about why I have struggling with it right now because my cyber stalkers will use it against me if at all possible. I will just say that it is hard, and the criticism I receive makes it harder. I am sure that is the case for all parents. I have just been feeling it a lot lately. 

Trying to manage the household is hard, too. Making sure the bills are paid, everyone is fed, and at least some cleaning is done can be exhausting. I do get help with making dinners, and Chad helps make the shopping list and goes grocery shopping with me. Once in a while he will do a load or two of laundry and/or dishes. I know I am lucky that I get that much help. (I definitely didn't get that kind of help in my first marriage.) I would just like a bit more help sometimes. 

These stressors are temporary for the most part. I just need a break at some point. 

No comments: