Friday, September 9, 2022

Small Changes

Isn't it interesting how when you are looking for something, you see it all around you. Last week, I wrote about trying to find what I had lost. As I prayed and pondered this, I realized that what I am really looking for is figuring out who I am in this phase of life where I have one adult child, one "emerging adult," and a teenager who is going through her own problems. 

As I navigate this stage, I am finally in a space where I can really work on me. One way I am doing this is listening to General Conference talks each morning as I start work. The talk I listened to this morning was from Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf called "Daily Restoration." In this talk, he explains how it has been scientifically proven that when people have nothing to guide them, they walk in circles. He talks about how even the smallest things can take us off of the track we intended to be on. Does this mean that if we are not happy with the direction our life is going, we are stuck? No. Of course not. 

The good news is that we can make small changes that can bring us back to where we want to be physically, intellectually, and spiritually. Elder Uchtdorf said:

"Do you want to change the shape of your life?

                    Change the shape of your day.

                    Do you want to change your day?

                    Change this hour.

                    Change what you think, feel, and do a this very moment...

                    Minutes and hours well spent are the building blocks of a life 

                    well lived. They can inspire goodness, lift us from the captivity

                    of imperfections, and lead us upward to the redemptive path of

                    forgiveness and sanctification." 

This talk was a good reminder that I need to just keep working towards the person I want to become. I do not have to say stagnant or walk in circles. 

 

 

No comments: