Thursday, September 22, 2022

Running Update

As I get used to fitting my classes into my schedule, my running has not been great. I only ran once the last few weeks. I am determined to not let that happen again. I have counted out the weeks on my calendar, and at this point, I should finish my training and be really ready to run a 10K the first weekend in December. My Wonder Woman virtual race is a 5K, but I think I will run it as a 10K just so I can say that I can do it. The following weekend is the Colder Boulder, so I should be more than ready for that 5K which is a live race. Chad and I like doing that race every year and even ran it virtually in 2020. I am determined to make this my best ever Colder Boulder. 

What does my plan look like right now? Well, since the training plan that I have been using is an app, I have been able to just pick up where I left off each time I missed days. It is getting a bit harder to do as the run intervals get longer. I ran two nights ago, so I will run again tonight. According to the app, I am on week 3, day 3. This means that after my warmup, I will run for 2 minutes, walk for 2 minutes. Then, I will fun for three minutes and walk for three minutes twice. That will be followed by another run of two minutes and walk of two minutes. That is when I am supposed to do my cool down, but the last few times I have done this have ran every other minute of the cool down and down my street (my favorite part). I am at a point where it is a bit more difficult each time I run unlike the first few weeks that were basically the same each time for a week. 

I am determined to complete this training plan. I have been running off and on for about four and half years, and I have yet to actually finish a training plan because I get to a point that it feels too hard. I will not grow as a runner if I keep doing this. 

No comments: