Tuesday, September 20, 2022

What Style?

I have never been able to say that I dress with style. In high school, I was mostly a jeans and t-shirt person. When I had my first office job, I wore handed down clothes from one of my coworkers. Then, I went back to jeans and t-shirts as a stay-at-home mom. I had a few years when I went back into the working world where I wore semi-nice clothes, but over the 10ish years that I was in call centers and offices, I got most of my clothes at the thrift store. Now, I seem to be in either sweats or dresses with only a few days of jeans (you can tell when I have somewhere to go). 

I would like to dress better. Part of me doesn't want to spend the money. I am not real fond of the stuff at some of the stores, so I would probably go to a thrift store anyway. This should not stop me. Another part of me just doesn't see the point. Most days no one sees me but my family. I could dress nicer to make me feel better, though. 

I know this is a strange dilemma. It is just the weird stuff that goes through my head sometimes. 

No comments: