Sunday, September 4, 2022

Running Safe

As I have said before, I have started running again. I run at night because I am already getting up at 4:30 to get ready to work and don't want to get up any earlier. (I am NOT a morning person.) The trick to running at night is I have to wait until it cools down which means running in the dark. 

I ran in the dark plenty of times in the past. I used to love running at about 5am and see the sunrise as I made my way through the neighborhood streets. I know how to be safe. I used to have a headlamp, but the batteries exploded in it. Now, I carry a flashlight/taser with me as well as my phone. I know I am seen. 

A few days ago, the strap on the flashlight/taser broke, and I started thinking that I would maybe get a new headlamp so I wouldn't have to worry about dropping my light. Then, another female jogger was kidnapped. I know I am not a young, skinny, blond woman like so many of the ladies that have been kidnapped, but I am more concerned about my safety as I run even though I live in a safe town. Did this jogger think she was going to be kidnapped when she went out Friday morning? Of course not. Because of this, I will keep going with the flashlight/taser. The taser makes me feel safer.

No comments: