Friday, September 23, 2022

Mom and Sean Day

When Chad and I were engaged, Eric was struggling. My solution was to call him out from school and just spend a day with him for his birthday. We didn't do anything special. He just came with me as I ran errands, but it started a tradition of me taking a day off of work and the kids taking a day off of school for their birthday. (Most of the time, Noel didn't have to take a day off of school.) As time went on and money was more available, this changed to the kids choosing where they wanted to go for the day. The boys most of the time chose Boondocks, and Noel's has changed a few times with her interests. Eventually, Eric stopped choosing to have a day for he and I, but I have a feeling Sean will continue doing this as long as he can. 

With Sean's birthday coming up on Sunday, today was the day I took off of work to spend with him. As usual, we went to McDonald's for lunch followed by a trip to Boondocks. We had a lot of fun racing go karts, bowling, shooting each other in laser tag, and playing video games all afternoon. He won most of the games that we played against each other, and some that were not necessarily versus the other person but kept score, he had the higher score. I did, however, win at bowling and laser tag (neither of us are particularly good at either one). Near the end, it was getting a bit crowded with birthday parties for tweens, so we left about a half hour before our time was up. Over all, I would say it was a pretty fun day! I hope this continues for at least a few more years. We'll see. 





No comments: