Friday, September 2, 2022

New Sandals

Old vs. New


The shoes that I wear the most are my sandals. For the most part, I wear them year round. I don't leave the house much, so it is not always necessary to wear anything else. They are easy to slide on and off when needed and dressy enough to wear to church. I will wear something with laces when running, boots when it is cold, or closed toed shoes when necessary. 

When I buy sandals, I hope they will last me quite a while, but I never expected these ones to last this long. The summer of 2019 I found myself in a Walmart getting Noel sandals for a camping trip (not sure if it was with her grandparents or church related), and I found a pair that I liked as well. This summer, it has been obvious that they needed to be replaced. I figured I could put it off until they were terminal, though. I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes or shoes for me and wanted to make sure Sean and Noel had what they needed first. 

I finally got my new sandals! I had a Khol's gift card from my birthday, and I finally took myself shopping. I got a few pairs of pants, a candle, and SANDLES. They are very similar to the old ones. I am hoping they last at least as long. Who knows, maybe someday I will buy actual Birkenstocks. Maybe if they are on clearance...


No comments: