Saturday, December 16, 2023

Being Sick

We have had a nasty cold like illness going around our house for a few weeks. It’s possible that we have each had a different virus since we have some different symptoms even though the main issues seem to be the same. 

Sean started it which is a bit odd because he rarely leaves the house. The only symptom he made me aware of was that he lost is voice for about a week. I got him some herbal tea that he drank with a bit of lemon and honey, and it seemed to do the trick. 

I was the next one that got sick. I had a cough and headache and sore throat. I went to bed early most nights until I got past the worst of it. It was good that I was working from home so I didn’t spread it too much to other people. I did take an at home COVID test, and it was negative. 

Noel was the most recent to be sick. She had a sore throat that she said felt like it was on fire and woke up with a slight fever for a few days. I kept her home from school for two days and had Chad take her to the doctor to make sure she didn’t have strep again. The strep test was negative as was the COVID test. They said it was most likely a virus that just needed to run its course. She slept a lot for the days she stayed home and ate popsicles to help with the throat. I also bought her some daytime and nighttime TheraFlu to ease some symptoms. The next few days she had me make her ThraFlu while she got ready for school. By the time I picked her up, she was exhausted. 

All three of us slept more than usual as we fought this virus. Noel is still not completely better, but she is doing so much better than a few days ago. Sean shows no signs of an illness. I am still coughing more than normal and keep getting headaches. Noel is recovering faster than both Sean and me. I hope Chad isn’t next. He is such a baby when he is sick. 

No comments: