Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Broccoli Cheese Chowder


Over the past year or so I have cooking unless it is for a special occasion such as Thanksgiving or the dinner we hosted last Sunday. (Thankfully, I only have to cook three times a week most of the time.) There are times, however, that I crave something I made in the past and happily dust off a cookbook to make something more involved than my usual. Tonight was one of those nights. 

Tonight, I made a Broccoli Cheese Chowder that I have only made one other time since marrying Chad. I used to make it quite often until my first husband started having issues with dairy. With him not able to eat much of it and the boys being too picky to eat more than the cheesey part, there wasn’t much of a point to make it for a toddler and me. Chad doesn’t have issues with dairy and appreciates when I put effort into meals. I was reminded tonight how much I like this soup and plan to make it again in the future. 

No comments: