Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Unintended Social Experiment



I have been wearing my Christmas sweaters from December 1 through Christmas for three years now. This year, I was out in public more than past years. One day, I went to the grocery store with Chad wearing a sweater that has lights and pom-poms on it. I got several different types of looks. There were the people that just gave me a polite smile. Others did their best to ignore me. I saw a few snickers. Then, there were the people that gave me a disgusted look as if my sweater was affecting them in some way.

My friends are supportive of my sweater endeavor. I had a few ask how many I had saying they were impressed that I had at least one for each day. Others commented on how much they moved my social media posts. One friends didn’t even bat an eye when we went out to lunch, and another even talked up my sweaters around others. Have I mentioned how much I love my friends?

I started wearing my sweaters when I found out I wouldn’t be going back to work in an office as a way to brighten my spirits. Now, I look forward to wearing them each year other people can judge me if they want  They are just jealous. 



No comments: