Saturday, December 2, 2023

So Spoiled

I have left the house without Sophie a bit more than usual over the past week or so. First, I went to a Thanksgiving dinner at a friend’s house on Thanksgiving since I was celebrating with my kids the following day. Then, I took Noel out for her “Mom and Noel” day as her last birthday gift. This week, I had to pick Noel up from school and take her to the doctor (again) on Thursday, went to a 5K race this morning, and went shopping for tomorrow’s shindig this afternoon. This poor little dog is not used to me leaving her so much, and she is acting a bit like a toddler. In other words, when I am with her, she will not leave my side. 

Yesterday, we went for a walk with a friend of mine and her dog. I dropped her leash and left her with the friend to put a present in the car. Sophie looked so sad and walked to me very slowly. When I got back to her, she was shaking and insisting I held her which I did for about a quarter mine. Today, she has been curled up to me as I do homework most of the time that I have been home. When I try to move, she scoots over to me. 

I love that she loves me. I will soak it up as much as I can. However, it can be a bit overwhelming when trying to get stuff done or even when I simply just need to go to the bathroom. 

No comments: