Saturday, December 16, 2023

Wrapped Gifts

My daughter likes to wrap gifts, and I hate it. This works out fairly well for both of us when it comes to Christmas presents. All I have to do it give gifts to her and tell her who they are for, and she wraps them for me. 

This year I did almost all of my shopping on Amazon, and I couldn’t just hand over the boxes as they came because I wrap her presents so she is still surprised on Christmas. A few days ago, she begged me to go through the boxes and give her things to wrap. The next morning, I woke up to my kitchen table filled with wrapped gifts and empty Amazon boxes. (Don’t worry, the boxes will be recycled once I am able to assure we don’t need them to wrap the last few things I will be buying today.) 

I am so thankful for her efforts to wrap our family’s presents so beautifully. I know I will have to do it myself one of these days. Hopefully, no one will mind my horrible wrapping job when that day comes. 

No comments: