Monday, December 4, 2023

Dinner at My House

Last night, I hosted a Christmas dinner at my house. It was originally going to be a Friendsgiving with an ornament exchange, but I’m in Christmas mode now. I made a roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions like my dad does and cheese broccoli casserole that I have been making for holiday meals since I got the recipe from my former mother-in-law. Chad made a gluten free bread and an applesauce bread that was gluten and dairy free for people that came that had allergies. Each couple or family that came brought a dish as well: soup, peanut butter cheesecake, and sliced oranges. We also serve a festive punch, water, and hot cocoa. The food was excellent. And with 13 people in my home, there was only a little left over. 

I had a lot of fun hosting this dinner. It was a bit more involved than I had expected, but I’m glad I did it. The next one will be for Chad’s 50th birthday in February. I can’t wait!

No comments: