Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Car and the Key




John has a new car. He traded in his red sports car for a 1997 black Mustang. This lowers the payments and had more of the specifications that he wanted in a car (it is faster and louder). It is a fun car to drive. I just have one problem. I have to use his key to drive it. It is not that he won't give me a key. He did give me a key. When I used that one, the car started. Then, something on the dashboard said "THEFT" and the car turned off. John told me to get a copy of his key made at King Soopers yesterday while I was getting a few things. I did that. When I went out to the car and tried to start it with the new key, same thing. The car started, and then the word "THEFT" came on and it turned off. That was frustrating! At least the key was only 1.60. It appears that we may have to go to a Ford dealership and have a key specially made just so that I won't have to borrow his keys every time I drive his car. Sounds expensive to me. So much for a cheaper solution.

3 comments:

taradon said...

I've noticed the new car in the driveway - very nice! We have a similar problem with the keys to Aaron's car - we have tried several times to get a duplicate key made for me, but it never actually works to drive the van. Very irritating.

Mistaken said...

Usually cars like that have a microchip inside. My van is like that. I had a key made and it allowed me to unlock the doors but not to start it. I had to have a special key made with a chip in it down by sears. It cost me $50.

Druciana said...

I was afraid of that.