Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful Nov. 9

I am thankful that I was able to sleep most of the night without interruptions. Yes, that is right. It is still rare for me to get a night of sleep without someone waking me up. Noel sometimes wakes up 2 or 3 times a night (depending on how tired she was when she went to bed). Sean a few months ago realized that he can get attention if he get me up at night (when I figured out what he was doing, I gave him less and less attention). Eric really just gets up when he has bad dreams or growing pains (not often enough to complain). There have been times that I haven't slept more than one or two hours at a time the whole night. (Whoever said that when the kids get older Mom gets more sleep, didn't have my kids.) Last night, I only had one interruption of sleep. Sean had a bad dream. This time I could tell that is what was really going on. I helped him say a prayer for good dreams and put him back to bed. Then, no one woke me until about seven this morning (the time they get up for school). I am so glad!

No comments: