Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Nov. 6

Today I am thankful for school lunch. We are so low on food that my kids will actually eat, and I basicly had a choice of bring four rowdy kids with me to the store yesterday or waiting until today. I chose that I would wait until I had only two kids to keep track of (that is hard enough in a boring grocery store). That means that I could not make Eric lunch today due to the lack of peanut butter and bread (he wants peanut butter and jelly sandwitches most of the time). Luckily, today they have pizza on the menu at school, and he is excited that they now offer strawberry milk at school (I am not so sure how I feel about that). We qualified for the reduced lunch program. That means that on days like today, I can feed my boy a reasonable lunch for only $0.40!

2 comments:

Mistaken said...

I think Eric ate most of the pizza today too. I don't think they had strawberry milk today. They only get that on occasion. I can't tell you have much having free lunch has helped. I've even fed them breakfast there when I was out of things.

Druciana said...

I wish I could do it with breakfast too, but Eric wouldn't eat most of what they have plus I would have to pay for Sean and Noel to eat. That would just be more than it is worth.