Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful Nov. 17

Yes, I do realize that I have not posted this in a few days (although I do think that having an answer to my prayers on Saturday counts big time). I am going to have to make up for that in today's post.

1. I am thankful for the lady that holds the stop sign at the school in the morning. (I don't know her name.) We walk to school on the days that are nice and my kids are ready on time. It is getting to be less often, but we try to get out the door on time every morning. Today, my boys were racing to school. She saw them coming and went out into the crosswalk before they got there, almost getting hit by a car herself. (My boys have a habit of not stopping and looking for cars at cross walks.) It was a little annoying that the person driving that car didn't see fit to stop until she almost hit the one holding the sign. I very much appreciate the efforts to keep my children safe.

2. I am thankful for bread. I know that sound silly, but my kids eat a lot of bread and it is cheap. My kids' favorite lunch is peanut butter and jelly. That means that is pretty much all they eat for lunch with a few exceptions. When we run out of cereal and money, my kids gladly have toast for breakfast. I have had a few comments when I do my grocery shopping about how much bread I buy. It is necessary for my family. We can go through as much as a loaf of bread a day!

3. I am thankful for my sister. I love my sister very much. When I talk to her my day gets better. I couldn't imagine life without her.

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

It's amazing how sometimes we forget the smaller people in life, yet they are the ones who are the most important. I love the police officer that is there some mornings. He is always so nice to the kids and waves and smiles at everyone who walkes or drives by. I'm going to have to get him a Christmas present. I, too, think sisters are wonderful!! Well, at least yours and mine anyway.

Lady Carolyn said...

You are too sweet. Does Mars read this?

Druciana said...

She said that she doesn't have time to read this.

Lady Carolyn said...

All my other sibs but you and Lisa say the same about mine.