Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Fench Fry Adventure

Tonight I gave my children corn dogs and french fries for dinner and sat them down to watch Charlie Brown. After finishing my food I left the living room to get other stuff done. Who know that was when the adventure would start. A little while later Noel started screaming in pain and running to the bathroom. She had been constipated earlier so I figured she was having more bathroom problems. She came running back to me crying. I asked her if her bum hurt. She said that her nose hurt and she needed a kleenex. I was confused. I asked her why. "Because I have a french fry in my nose!" she cried. I told Eric to go get me some tissue. I had her blow her nose many times. I saw no fry. I looked in her nose. There it was. A small piece of fry stuck so far up her nose that I wouldn't be able to try to squeeze it out. I didn't know what to do. I called John's mom. I figured after that many boys she had gone through it all. She hadn't gone through this. Her suggestion was either a booger sucker or tweezers. I got off the phone, took Noel to my room, layed her on the bed with one of her babies, and started "surgery." I tried the tweezers first. I couldn't get a hold of the darn thing. I tried one sucker. It didn't work. I tried a different sucker. It pulled the fry most of the way out. I had to use the tweezers to get it out the rest of the way. When it was all said and done the fry was about the size of a small Lego (the ones that have just one bump). I won't post a picture of the fry because no one wants to see a booger covered fry.

3 comments:

Mistaken said...

hahahahahaha, that's great!! Isn't being a mom a grand adventure. You just brightened my otherwise dismal day! Thanks!

Lady Carolyn said...

LOL! I feel bad for Noel, but those are the things the kids remember. At least noel did it to herslf. June shoved a bead up Lisa's nose. You can ask Mom how fun that was. :P

You ever wonder what goes through a kids mind when they do the things they do? I think we'd be baffled.

Good job keeping it together and handling things. Being a mom certainly keeps us on our toes, doesn't it?

taradon said...

Yikes! That's not the fun kind of adventure =D Glad you were able to successfully perform surgery and get it out of there! Now I know who to call for help if something like that happens at my house. ;)