Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Nov.25


I am thankful for my dad. He raised me basically alone from the time I was 13 (maybe even longer considering my mom's state of mind). He sacrificed for me. He taught me integrity and responsibility. He was the best dad I could have asked for in a confusing tough world. I always wished he would have been more affectionate towards me, but when I think about it his parents aren't real affectionate either. When I call my dad now he always talks to me, even if it is just for a little while. I don't know what I am going to do when he moves to Indiana. I think I am still in denial about that one. I am hoping that they will do the same as they did last year and just say that they will be here for at least another year. It was torture when he and Bev were gone for more than a month.

3 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

It was hard when I moved away, but we made do. I just ended up calling a lot more. :) I am on the bitter train with you though. Indiana is a lot father than 10 hours. According to Emma its 900 miles from Utah. :(

taradon said...

Ahh, I hope they change their mind about moving - for your sake!

Druciana said...

It is really not up to them. My dad works for the government. They are closing the dept. of defence office at Lowry. He is being transfered to Indianapolis in the spring.