Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful Nov. 21

I am thankful for good books. (Thank you, Tara for writing about books today!) I didn't really enjoy reading as a kid. I didn't really start reading just for fun until I worked down town and had a bus ride with no one to talk to. I realized then that there are some wonderful books out there. I just had to find the ones that I really liked. I don't read as often as I used to, but I try to read when I get the chance.
I am also glad that there are good kids books. I was a little worried that Eric wouldn't like to read chapter books when they made him make the transition at school (after all that is when I lost my interest). I was wrong. He loves Magic Tree House, Junie B. Jones, A to Z Mysteries, and really wishes the words weren't so hard to read in Geronimo Stilton books. Sean is really excelling in his reading too. I am always surprised at how well he reads. He loves the "be good" books (I think they are some of the most boring books ever made). Noel just loves to be read to.

No comments: