Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Exercise Inspiration


When I watch the Biggest Loser, all it makes me want to do is more exercise. I am not able to watch it at night when it comes on, so I watch it from the shows web site. I see those people and how much they work out and the fact that they are losing weight period, and I think, "I can work hard and lose weight too." I know that I don't weigh as much as the contestants do when they start the show, but when they start getting under 200 pounds, I really take notice.


I am currently about 40 pounds more than I weighed when I got married. My dream is to be back down to that weight and size. I know that won't happen if I don't change anything. The easiest and cheapest thing to change is the amount of physical activity I include in my day.


I don't have the money to join a gym, but lets face it...I wouldn't go even if I did. I have a Gazelle at home thanks to my good friend asking me to "store" it for a while. I have four or five videos, and I even like one or two of them. I also have Netfix, where I can access a lot of different videos online basically for free since I am really paying for the movies that get shipped.


My problem is that I lack motivation on most days. Today, I watched the second episode of this season of the Biggest Loser. What an inspiration. If they can do it I can do it. All I am requiring of myself is three miles on the Gazelle or twenty minutes of a video 5 days this week. I missed my chance on Monday and Tuesday, but I am determined to get it done the rest of the week. Who knows, maybe it will lead to me actually watching what I eat.

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

Maybe I can come over every day and we can exercise together. I'm not working every day after this week. We can either take turns on the gazelle while the other watches kids, or something like that. I need to get moving too.

Druciana said...

Sounds like a good idea.

Jami said...

You are doing so awesome with your goals!! I'm proud of you! (It makes me want to get up and exercise...) I'll be doing prenatal yoga this afternoon, so that'll be good. :) My hips can't take much more than that right now, nor do I really need to worry about it yet. Come April, though, I'll need your inspiration! Keep up the good work!

CSwain said...

I know you can do it:) I started excersising too and I love the difference I feel. I'd be glad to be a check in person for you. I find if I have to be accountable to someone, I do better at doing it.