Sunday, January 25, 2009

What the Heck?


On Thursday, I decided that I was going to start keeping track of my weight again. Thursday morning I weighed my self before taking my shower to get an idea of where I was starting. It was depressing, but workable. I figured that with all of the exercise that I have been doing that those numbers would start going down soon. Friday I weighed my self again. I weighted .5 lbs more than the day before. No problem. I had breakfast before I weighed myself that time, so I just decided that I would blame the food and water. I skipped weighing myself on Saturday because I just plain forgot. This morning I weighed myself again. I had gained 3 pounds in one day! I didn't think that was possible. We did have McDonald's for breakfast and Wendy's for dinner (something we rarely do) and I only got 1.7 miles on the Gazelle, but holy cow. I guess that will teach me. I am usually very good at making dinner for my family. We had just decided that it would be fun to treat the kids for the first time in about a month. I guess we went a little over board.

3 comments:

Mistaken said...

Some tips for you. Get yourself a digital scale. They are far more accurate. You can get one for about $17 at walmart. Secondly, always weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you eat and after you have relieved yourself. It also could be a little water weight as well. Or perhaps getting close to starting your cycle. Stick to weighing once per week. It's easier to see the overall progress.

Lady Carolyn said...

I always go by inches. Muscle weighs more than fat. If you're burning fat its turning into muscle so its likely you'll gain before you lose.

I don't even own a scale. I use the ones at Richard's grandma's house occasionally. What feels good is knowing your waist is smaller.

Seriously, I could be happy weighing 200 if I could look good in a size 5 again. You know?

Don't sweat it. :)

Jami said...

I agree with Melissa, although I like weighing myself daily, as long as I remember weight can fluctuate +/- 3-5 lbs. on a daily basis. You're doing great though, in that you're not giving up! Plus, you have to consider you might be gaining muscle, which, of course, weighs more than fat. I like how you noticed what MIGHT have caused the weight gain and will do better in the future, that's why I like the daily weigh-ins. Also, maybe only track your results MONTHLY as far as seeing progress goes, or even weekly like Melissa said. You can do it! :)