Monday, January 19, 2009

Goal Check


This may get a little old for you, but I really think it is helping me to accomplish my goals.


I am happy to report that I have been still writing in my journals daily. Even though it is incredibly difficult on the weekends, I still manage to find the time. I honestly believe that the time alone that writing and reading and praying gives me is helping me get through my days.


As far as exercise goes, I did get it done 5 days in the last week. It was a challenge to find the time to do it, especially on Friday when I had the two kids that I was watching dropped off between 9 and 9 :30. I had to do my exercise at night. I have found that I feel a sense on accomplishment when I finish a hard work out video in the past, but I am finding more recently that going at least 2 miles on the Gazelle gives me more of an accomplishment. This week I am going to make the goal again of exercising at least 5 days a week. I am going to challenge my self father by saying that I need to go at least 3 miles on the Gazelle or do at least 2-10 minute segments of the videos that I have been doing on Netflix.


When it comes to having my kids listen to one chapter of the Book of Mormon a day, this one is difficult. I found that Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I did great in the morning. Thursday I knew I was forgetting something, but couldn't put my finger on it until later. Thanks to a great suggestion from a friend, we listened to it during dinner that night. Friday, I remembered to have them listen. Over the weekend however, I forgot. I think that I am going to make a goal of reading it to them at dinner time at least 3 days this week. That leaves room for error on my part and a way to feel good about accomplishing my goal.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Our scripture reading is part of our every night bedtime routine, so no matter how late it is, we do it. Just a suggestion... I like your listening to them idea, though.

Lady Carolyn said...

Have you tried playing the CD's during breakfast or something?

Last year we did really well with this coloring chart. The kids colored a section for every day we read and there were 365 spots. When I forgot, they reminded me so they could get their turn coloring a spot in.

Druciana said...

I downloaded the Book of Mormon onto my computer for free from lds.org last summer. I have been playing one chapter a day from the computer. I think I need to find a better time because I have a hard time remembering to turn the computer on before Eric goes to school.

Mistaken said...

It sounds like you are doing great! My focus has been all on losing weight, though I have been doing some spiritual things as well. Keep up the good work!