Saturday, January 10, 2009

Robb's

I have been looking for ways to save money lately. Groceries are always a concern in my house. Not only do I have my kids to feed, but I have one little girl that I watch 3 days a week and my nephew when my sister's day care falls through (hopefully she will find a more reliable day care soon). That means that on any given day I could be feeding 4 kids and a toddler, and only two of them are not picky about what they eat. I am not complaining about the work, just explaining the situation. That means that if I can find a way to get kid-friendly food for less money I am up for anything.

A few months ago my step-mother told me about this little store in Brighton called Robb's. They sell clearance food and other household items. I was a little reluctant to try it out. Today, I decided that I would just see what they had. To my surprise they had stuff on my grocery list for way less than I could get them any where else. Yes, the box of Stove Top was slightly squished and the box of cereal was ripped a little, but I can deal with that. The main part of the packages were still sealed.

This is not the kind of store that someone could plan on specific items being there. It is a little like going to the discount bins in the back of the store. I ended up saving a good amount of money an getting a few extra goodies for Eric's birthday dinner in the process.

5 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

Hey, that's pretty cool. We don't have one of those out here though. :(

taradon said...

Where is Robb's? I've never seen it. I used to shop at a store like that all the time in college.

Druciana said...

It is on Main St. just past the pavillions. It is in a little rundown shop. If you aren't looking for it, you could miss it easily.

Jami said...

Another great blessing of tithing! :)

taradon said...

Hmmm... I'm down there every day to catch the bus. I'll have to look around and find it.