Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hairspray


OK. I know I am a little behind on my movie watching. I don't get to pick the movies very often, so I am usually stuck watching something John picks or something the kids pick. That is not always a bad thing. I just don't get to watch my girl movies very often. That was my original reason for signing up for Netflix. Now I can watch the many movies I have been waiting to see.


Last night I finally got to watch Hairspray. I used to watch the one with Ricki Lake with my mom and sister all of the time. We loved it. We rented it so often, I wonder why my mom never bought it. I was a little worried to watch the one that came out in 2007 because remakes are rarely as good as the original. I would have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The movie was not exactly like the original, it was better. The songs were full of energy. The transitions between scenes were smooth. John Travolta totally nailed the part of Edna Turnblad! I would recommend this movie to anyone. It is just plain fun!

3 comments:

Mistaken said...

Yeah, that movie was really good. I probably wouldn't let my kids see it, but I liked it a lot. Of course, I am sort of a fan of John Travolta anyway

Jami said...

I'm glad you finally got to see it! I was surprised I liked it, I normally don't like movies like that. Matt even liked it!

taradon said...

I'm going to have to see that one... I wanted to see it when it came out, but never got around to it.