Saturday, January 17, 2009

French Bread


I don't know why, but for some reason I have always been intimidated by the idea of making French bread. I used to make regular bread all of the time to save money. Whenever we have rolls at home, I make them. For a little while I would make our hot dog and hamburger buns just because I could. Then I would just look at the picture of French bread and think, "There is no way I would be able to make that!"

Today, I decided to work past that insecurity and make the French bread necessary for our dinner rather than buy it. It was surprisingly easy! I googled "French bread recipe" and of course came up with several options. A few of them were going to take way to long (and I was starting around 3). I finally came across a recipe on ask.com that not only had written instructions, but a video to go with. So I set out to make the bread. It turned out great! Who new it would be one of the easiest breads that I have made?

2 comments:

Jami said...

Go you! I'm not a baker by any means, and understand all too well your intimidations!

taradon said...

Looks yummy - you'll have to post the recipe to share!